The brothers of Kappa Xi Chapter, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. want to take this opportunity to welcome you to the home of the Gold Nugget Queslocated in beautiful Las Vegas Nevada.
Since its chartering in 1977, Kappa Xi Chapter has set an extraordinarily high standard for fraternal activity in Clark County. Some of our chapter’smany accomplishments include but are not limited to:
- A life membership in the NAACP
- Supporting the United Negro College Fund
- Participating in the annual Martin Luther King Jr. parade
- Voter registration drives
- Running an auxiliary group, the Omega Gentlemen’s Club for high school males. worth something to itself, and then use our abilities to improve mankind.
The Brothers of the Kappa Xi Chapter take seriously the life of Omega men and work diligently to uphold the ideals our beloved Founders set forth,ever remembering that we must make Omega
Kappa Xi Chapter was organized in November, 1975 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Throughout this time the Chapter has undertaken and achieved the high standards set forth by our beloved Founders.
Although several attempts were made in the early Seventies to organize Omega in Nevada, the idea blossomed into fruition when Brothers Bernard Rivers, Roosevelt Williams, Pelton Stewart, Jeff Stewart and Calvin Atkinson decided to pursue the possibility in earnest. Immediately, Brothers RonaldReedom, Alfred Gilchrist, Gary Gordon, Percy McCarty and Nick Nicholson were contacted and overwhelmingly supported the idea. Periodic organizational meetings were held at the A.D. Guy Center and various Brothers residences throughout the spring and fall of 1975. This kind of fraternal devotion led to the chartering of Kappa Xi Chapter in February, 1976. This memorable ceremony took place during the District Council meeting presided over by 12th District Representative; Dr. L. Benjamin Livingston (deceased).
Several weeks later, the Brothers engaged the services of Attorney-at-law Robert Archie and, with this, Omega became a reality under the statutes of the state of Nevada.
The Nevada Brothers are proud of the fact that more than 45 Brothers have been brought through into the folds of Omega via Kappa Xi Chapter. Wewill always strive to promote the principles and ideas of our beloved Omega in our homes, work and community. With the superb leadership fromthe national and district levels and devotion of all Brothers, Kappa Xi will continue to grow and prosper in the years to come.
- 1977: Began annual to the United Negro College Fund.
- 1979: Obtained its life membership in the NAACP.
- 1980: Established voter registration efforts, spearheaded by Bro. John Foster.
- 1981: Bro. Wendell Williams created the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. parade.
- 1979: Started annual tradition of Kappa Xi Labor Day cookouts.
- 1980-81: Hosted the 36th Twelfth District meeting, one of the most successful up to that date.
- 1989: Started the Omega Gentlemen’s Club youth mentoring program.
- 1998: Hosted 12th District meeting. Bro. Andre Denson was District Marshal.
- 1999: Created with Alpha Kappa Alpha an annual economic summit.
- 2001-2005: Received recognition as Scholarship, Uplift and Reclamation chapter of the year.
- 2002: Created a nonprofit affiliate, Omega Psi Phi Charities of Nevada (Uplift Foundation).
- 2005: Kappa Xi/Uplift hosted the inaugural Dental Health Fair.
- 2005: Kappa Xi/Uplift hosted the inaugural Computer Boot Camp.
- 2006: Kappa Xi/Uplift hosted the inaugural Omega Charities Golf Classic.
- 2009: Hosted the most successful national Leadership Conference in fraternity history.
- 2011: Established the annual Que Cutz for Kids project providing free haircuts to youth.
- 2016: Host chapter of the 80th Grand Conclave
Annual MLK Jr. Parade
> Participating in the parade to honor the late civil rights leader
> Supporting the Ward 5 City of Las Vegas event every August
> Performing community clean-up and restoration projects
HBCU College Fair
> Volunteering for UCAN-School District’s annual fair
Library Shoe Drive
> Providing dozens of pairs of shoes to underprivileged students
> Giving toys to youth at Variety Early Learning Center
Que Cutz for Kids
> Offering free haircuts to youth as they head back to school
> Partnering with Delta Sigma Theta on QueDelta Week
20 Pearls Thanksgiving
> Donating stocked food baskets to 20 underprivileged families